In keeping with our Cozy Yorkshire Interiors collection, we’re asking a set of stylish interior designers how they create their own cozy spaces, all while highlighting their favorite Sarah Flint shoes.
Here, Anne Pearson of Anne Pearson Design shares her tips for designing a fresh and functional laundry room.
Anne Pearson Design is a full-service interior design firm based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Anne’s design philosophy centers around combining classic elements with updated and unique materials.
“Laundry rooms are often overlooked, but they shouldn’t be because you use them all the time. Here, I’m sharing my tips for transforming your laundry room into a bright and happy spot.
1. Start with a wallpaper in an interesting pattern. Wallpaper can be very personal so choose something that speaks to you
2. Add color to the cabinets. This is such an easy way to add maximum impact.
3. Buy quality cabinets. I love inset cabinets because they lend such a clean look.
4. Choose pretty hardware for the doors. I went with a simple, unlacquered brass to warm up all of the blue.
5. Don’t forget about fixtures. I chose an unlacquered Newport brass faucet, which blends both beauty and function. The laundry room needs to be practical, but it can be pretty at the same time.”